The Southington-Cheshire YMCA will host its 84th Annual YMCA Meeting tonight and the event will offer an opportunity for members to recognize those in the community who have gone above and beyond to help make the town a better place to live.
The event will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington and features the swearing in of a new board of directors and honors those who have made a difference in Cheshire, Southington and beyond.
"I'll make it simple. We have an 'awesome' evening planned," said John Myers, executive director of the Southington-Cheshire YMCA. "It's a night of recognition, celebration and fellowship...and good ol' YMCA fun!"
Let Patch save you time. Get news like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Check out the impressive group of 2013 honorees:
- Tony Denorfia (Person of the Year)
- The Mill Foundation for Kids (Reaching Out Award)
- Linda Mendelsohn (Unsung Hero Award)
- Jeff Borkowski and Jeff Bennett (Volunteer Service Awards)
- Kylie Sarantides and Rachel Wrinn (Youth Leadership Awards)
- Joe Foster. LeAnn Kroll, Michele Reidinger, Jessica Rosario, Lisa Taurinski (Character Champions)
Which Cheshire resident or community member would you nominate for recognition and why? Tell us in comments.
Make sure to like Cheshire Patch on Facebook and follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!