Here are our top five picks for weekend fun in Cheshire. For more ideas, check out our events list!
- Cheshire Motorcycle Ride Hosted by Sunshine Kids. Raises funds for programs and events, for children receiving cancer treatments. Saturday, 9:30 am, Bartlem Park, 520 S Main St. $25.00
- Civil War Encampment. Travel back in time when soldiers with muskets patrolled their territory. (Will you be taken prisoner?) Saturday, 9:00 am, Quinnipiac River Watershed Association, 540 Oregon Rd, Meriden. Free
- Dog Tales at the Cheshire library. Children have fun reading to a furry friend who doesn't mind if those long words are hard to say! Saturday, 3:00 pm, Town of Cheshire Public Library, 104 Main St. Free but please preregister.
- Mark Jardim Memorial Jog, to honor Cheshire resident who was killed in the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center. Donations provide scholarships for local students. Sunday, 11:00 am, Cheshire Park, 20 Highland Ave. $20.00
- Blessing of the Animals. In observance of The Feast day of St. Francis, this wonderful event pays homage to the saint who loved all God’s creatures. Sunday, 2:00 pm, St. Peter's Church, 59 Main St. Free.