The first annual Funky Art Walk on Saturday at the Watch Factory Shoppes is a community event that will support local artists, said Funky Monkey owner Tracey Burrill who is hosting the day-long art fair.
"As we have grown, we've increased our capacity to host big events supporting artists and musicians," Burrill wrote. "So it seemed a natural extension for us to bring multiple artists and musicians together all at once for a fun, convivial event in our beautiful outdoor space."
Artists whose work will be on display include:
- Ellen Pliskin, a watercolorist and printmaker
- Kate Stephen, a jeweler
- Phoebe Hunt, graphic T-shirt creations
In addition, instructors from will give free demonstrations:
- 11:00 am – 1:00pm., Robin McCahill will demonstrate felting techniques for puppets.
- 1:00 - 3:00 pm., Katie Stein will offer a hands-on activity, “Duct Tape Wallets,” for children, ages 8 and up.
- 3:00 - 5:00pm., Fine artist Tony Ruggiero will demonstrate pen & ink techniques.
- 11:00-12:45, Waage & Co.
1:00 - 2:45, Darryl Gregory
3:00-4:30, The Sawtelles,
5:00-6:30, John E Neon
7-9 PM, Ebb First Then Flow
The event runs from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. with the open air walkways lined with art for sale.