Cheshire has just finished its clean-up efforts following the now infamous Blizzard of 2013, but residents should be ready because another round of wintry weather is headed our way.
A strengthening coastal storm system is expected to impact the area from Saturday into early Sunday, according to hazardous weather report from the National Weather Service.
'Widespread' & 'Significant'
The storm is predicted to bring with it "widespread" and "significant" precipitation.
"The precipitation is forecast to be mainly rain at the coast and a wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain inland," the meteorologists stated in their report, with a "possibility for significant snowfall accumulations across Connecticut's "far interior zones."
Let Patch save you time. Get news like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
They added, however, that there is "still quite a bit of uncertainty" for this storm, and where area's receive mainly snow or mainly rain — or a mix in between — will depend on how the storm eventually tracks.
Here is this weekend's weather outlook for Cheshire:
- Friday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night: A slight chance of snow and freezing rain after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday: A chance of snow before noon, then rain and snow likely between noon and 3pm, then rain likely after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. East wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night: Rain before 9pm, then rain and snow. Low around 34. Northeast wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Sunday: Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Monday: Sunny, with a high near 42.