It was a lighter week for arrests, but police were busy as storm conditions led to heavier patrols and ended with dozens of citations for motorists not following the rules of the road. In addition, Cheshire police arrested a New Haven man in connection with an almost five-year-old child pornography case. Take a look back at the latest arrest logs.
The Cheshire Police Department reported the following arrests:
Joseph Siwek, 56, of 179 Belden Road in Hamden, was charged with second-degree breach of peace, Feb. 12.
Let Patch save you time. Get news like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Robert Perna, 59, of 728 Elm St. in New Haven, was charged with second-degree possession of child pornography, Feb. 13.
Other stats from reported traffic stops and incidents:
- Fourteen (14) people were cited with speeding/traveling too fast.
- Eight people were cited with operating unregistered motor vehicle.
- Seven people were cited with using a cell phone while driving.
- Three people were cited with operating a motor vehicle under suspension.
- Three people were cited with passing standing school bus.
- Three people were cited with failure to insure motor vehicle.
- Three people were cited with failure to carry registration or insurance.
- Three people were cited with failure to drive in proper lane.
- Two people were cited with operating without a license.
- Two people were cited with failure to obey stop sign/traffic signal.
- Two people were cited with failure to drive a reasonable distance apart.
- Two people were cited with failure to return license or registration following suspension.
- One person was cited with using counterfeit license plate.
The preceding arrest information was provided by the Cheshire Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Make sure to like Cheshire Patch on Facebook and follow on Twitter for breaking news, daily updates and more!