Here are the scores, goals and shout-outs to Cheshire Acadmey's teams for the latest sports action.
Field Hockey Coach Nicole Burnett reports the team traveled to Ethel Walker School on Saturday and walked away with another win.
- Cheshire dominated Walker's JV in the first half but couldn't connect until early in the 2nd half.
- Goals were scored by Jade Sharkany; Viktoria Flore assisted by Cat Reed and Jade Sharkany; and Jess Wadson.
- Ethel Walker's goalies Sam Tressey and Liza Spaekel made seven saves
- Cheshire's keeper Syerino Kong made one save.
- Ethel Walker's record is 3-5-0
- Cheshire Academy's record stands now at 5-3-1
- Cheshire's next game is at Westover vs their JV on Wed. 10/17
- Cheshire's next home game is against Millbrook Prep School's JV on Wed. Oct. 24th
Also on Saturday, Football Coach David Dykeman reported the "CA Air Raid dominated Williston today. Sophomore Patrick Kehoe threw 3 TD Passes to MJ Kehoe, Kalief Joyner, and Sean Herdman. The CA defense caused 3 turnovers. CA improves to 4-0 and looks ahead to a battle next week with unbeaten Suffield. CA 35. Williston 21
Assistant Coach Andrew McBreen reports the volleyball team fell on Oct. 13 to the Pomfret School 3-0 (25-22, 25-22, 25-18) in chilly conditions in Pomfret. The CA Fighting Cats played well against the perennial Class B powerhouse, but came up just short. Game 1 was CA’s best chance. They started off with two aces by Kayla Padroff, and led for most of the game. They even led 20-17, but Pomfret closed out the game with an 8-2 run to secure the win. In Game 2, CA found itself down 7-0 before they even had a chance to serve. They clawed their way back into the game, but the early lead was too much to overcome.
Conditions were frigid in the unheated Pomfret fieldhouse. The volleyball officials performed their duties wearing winter coats, but the players did not have that option. CA was led by senior co-captain Dana Garcia, who was 11 for 12 serving with 5 kills, and sophomore Phoebe Van, who was 9 for 9 serving with 4 kills. Tre Kehoe was the assist leader with 8. CA’s record fell to 5-5 for the season, and next play on Wednesday at home against the Oakwood Friends School.
Girls Soccer Coach Luis James reports on October 10 the team lost to Ethel Walker with a score of 4 and Cheshire Academy 0.Ethel Walker: Goals: Nell Shea, Ella Ross, Lisa Volg, Amber Carter. Saves: Kari Macke 8, Shots: 11. Cheshire Academy: Saves: Melanie Escobar 6. Shots: 9