held its annual promotion ceremony Tuesday where 383 students received promotion certificates.
Several awards were given to grade eight students who showed exemplary effort and high academic achievement. They are as follows:
- For the Red Team, Language Arts – Nora Burner; Social Studies – Sidharth Subramani; Mathematics – Isabella Gessman; Science – Alexa Kareco.
- For the Blue Team, Language Arts – CarsonLee Harper; Social Studies – Nazar Chowdhury; Mathematics – Nazar Chowdhury; Science – Durga Rathi.
- For the Green Team, Language Arts – Alexander Kavadas; Social Studies – Brooke Claflin; Mathematics – Robert J. Oris; Science – Shangda Xu.
- For the Purple Team, Language Arts – Marisa Nazzaro; Social Studies – Carter DeFigueiredo; Mathematics – Katharine Wu; Science – David Amann.
Each team also gave an overall Outstanding Student Award:
- Julia Torok – Red Team Award
- Durga Rathi – Blue Team Award
- Maria Latta – Green Team Award
- Samantha Bellina – Purple Team Award
The following award recipients in the Unified Arts subjects were also recognized:
- Technology Education – Jeremy Shoop
- Culinary Arts – Samantha Simler
- Music: Band – Michael DeFrancesco
- Orchestra – Rachel Kozak
- Chorus – Alistair Mosher
- Physical Education – Samantha Bellina and Nathan Ptaszynski
- Electronic Communications Technology – Maria Latta
- Art – Emily Peck and Natalie Anastasio
- Health – Nathan Ptaszynski
- French – Katharine Wu
- Latin – Anna Gleason
- German – Daniel Fisher
- Spanish – Nazar Chowdhury
The following students received outstanding citizenship awards:
- Russell Jasman - Michael Molloy Award
- Durga Rathi - Nancy Kucinskas Award
- Katharine Wu - PTA Alphonse Grasso Award
- Sydney Taylor - D. A. R. Award
- Secretary of State’s Excellence in Citizenship Award was given to Olivea Kieffer.
The Cheshire Youth Service Recognition was given to Zachary Feldman. Clare French closed the ceremony with a farewell address to her classmates and teachers.