Is there a more-photographed event than the first day of school? OK, maybe weddings, but who doesn’t remember Mom making you pose in your brand-new outfit on the front steps of the house and offer up a big fake, summer-is-over smile?
Patch loves the first day of school, and we want to share in your memories with our latest contest.
To enter, upload your favorite first day of school photo to this article. It can be from this year, or 30 years ago! Tell us in the caption what makes it special to you – Patch editors will weigh that when choosing the finalists.
You may only enter one photo.
We will accept photo entries from 4 a.m. Aug. 20 through 5 p.m. Sept. 4. Patch editors will then choose the finalist photos.
Voting in the comments section of the article will begin at 4 a.m., Sept. 5 and end at 5 p.m., Sept. 7. The photo with the most comments will win a prize – it could be a $50 gift card or something of equal or greater value.
Some more important information:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, upload a photo to this article.
- All entries must be received by 5 p.m., Sept. 4, 2012 Eastern Time.
- You may enter one photo.
- Patch editors will choose 10 photos, which will advance to the voting round. Patch readers can vote for their favorite photos by posting in the comments on the article.
- Prize for the winning photo is a $50 gift card or a prize package of equal or greater value.
- for complete Official Rules.