Here are select events this weekend in Cheshire and the region. See what other choices are listed on our events page.
1. Give the at the a try Saturday afternoon at 3:30. Elizabeth Ciarlelli, a food professional and manager at Zinc in New Haven, will host the workshop for those picking up their weekly shares from the farm, as well as the general public. Free event but please RSVP.
2. in New Haven is open Saturday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Along with more than 11 million specimens and scientific objects and historical scienfiic instruments in its collections, the Yale Peabody Museum is also home to Rudolph F. Zallinger’s murals The Age of Reptiles and The Age of Mammals.
3. If you're up for 30-minute drive, the is going on this weekend in Ansonia. Fair organizers say that the event "is a world of history and imagination with an interactive village full of music, magic and fun for all ages."
4. On Sunday, will host his course at . The event will cover basic bee anatomy and biology, forging habits and honey production, life cycle and queen types, we’ll visit the hive, taste honey, and Bill will take questions. Teens and adults only and reservations are preferred.
5. Anyone up for a game of polo? hosts a few matches each Sunday. Gates open at 2 p.m. and that match begins at 3 p.m. There are fees so check out the Cheshire Patch events section for more information.